The greater work is that which serves the whole. It is the Holy work of the ages. The term Great Work (magnum opus) is a term used in Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism, Hermeticism, Alchemy. To render the city of god.
- r, 10 Jan 2020: The term Great Work (magnum opus) is a term used in Hermeticism and occult traditions descended from it, most prominently Thelema. The Great Work signifies the spiritual path towards self-transcendence in its entirety. https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Great_Work_(Hermeticism)
- r, 10 Jan 2020: Great Work or great work may refer to: A masterpiece or magnum opus, a creation that has been given much critical praise; Magnum opus (alchemy), the process of working with the prima materia to create the philosopher's stone; Great Work (Hermeticism), also known as magnum opus, ...
- Thelema 101 - John 'Ash' Bowie - Hermetic Library https://hermetic.com › eidolons › thelema-101 Jan 9, 2017 - The Unicursal Hexagram represents the Great Work and is a common symbol for Thelema.
The Great Work of alchemy lies chieﬂy in the quest for a mysterious substance knownas the Quintessence (from the Medieval Latin quinta essentia or “ﬁfth essence”). This substance is believed to possess many seemingly miraculous properties, being capable of granting longevity to the alchemist, transforming base metals to gold, and curing all diseases. Alchemists believe that the seed of this Quintessence may be found in all matter, but that it is more easily extracted from certain base substances.
- Greatness; Work; Opus; Labor
- Philosophy; Civilization;
- God's creation
- Civilized man; Citizen
- The city